Thread: Tablet will only draw lines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tablet will only draw lines

So I've been using my tablet for a few years now and I've been having a problem where the only thing my tablet will draw are lines. This would happen randomly and can get really annoying. How can I fix this quickly when it happens?

Can you describe the problem a bit more clearly? Normally we want our tablets to draw lines

Also, what version of ArtRage, what tablet, and what operating system?

My ArtRage is an ArtRage Lite 4.5.10. My tablet, which is not the problem, is a Wacom Intuos P S. My operating system is a Macbook Air(? IDK what a operating system is...)

The problem is that sometimes when I draw on the tablet, a white line will appear. After I lift my stylus, it shows a line. It doesn't show up when I use my mouse. IDK how to fix this when it happens. Please help me.

If it happens with the tablet but not the mouse, then it is a tablet issue, we just have to figure out what kind.

First, update to the latest version (5.0.6). You can do this by registering your serial number at https://members.artrage.com. 4.5.10 is old enough that you may just need to install a newer version to fix this. Even if that does not help, you have been missing out on some extra updates and features.

If that does not magically solve it, can you post a screenshot of the line you are getting, so that I can see what is happening? If you can leave your Settings menu open as well, that will help.

To find your operating system:

Click the Apple log in the top left of your screen, go to 'About this Mac' and look for the name and version number in the pop up window. Your operating system will be something like OS 10.11 or OS 10.8. They all have names like 'High Sierra' or 'Mavericks' or 'Yosemite', so either the number or the name will do (but the number is more precise).