Thread: Shadow Love

Shadow Love

trying to work with larger shapes and fewer colors, very much against the grain but good exercise for me, I hope you enjoy the result.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow Love.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	489.8 KB 
ID:	94720  

Glad you went against the grain. I actually very much like this piece. Love the limited palette and the contained variation on shapes. To me it works great because it shows identifiable relationships in a way that speaks to the relationships that we know you're exploring.

If you like lots going on, and this is too simple, what I would recommend is that you add a single extra thing -- color or shape, and see how that plays. And then try adding another and see. Then in still another piece add one more element, etc. until that version of the piece is one too many and it falls apart.

But were it me, this one is nice enough to do multiple variations and keep exploring and learning what one can do within these limits.

Anyway, I like it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gary....A different direction for you but still very pleasing... Like it, like it a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Glad you went against the grain. I actually very much like this piece. Love the limited palette and the contained variation on shapes. To me it works great because it shows identifiable relationships in a way that speaks to the relationships that we know you're exploring.

If you like lots going on, and this is too simple, what I would recommend is that you add a single extra thing -- color or shape, and see how that plays. And then try adding another and see. Then in still another piece add one more element, etc. until that version of the piece is one too many and it falls apart.

But were it me, this one is nice enough to do multiple variations and keep exploring and learning what one can do within these limits.

Anyway, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Gary....A different direction for you but still very pleasing... Like it, like it a lot...
    Thanks Kenmo and DA I think this is a direction I am heading albeit haltingly and with uneven steps but I intend to explore further..