Thread: New User & Need Help

New User & Need Help

Hi

How do I make a Desktop icon using ArtRage?

A desktop icon for a program?

Icons are usually just small pictures, so all you need to do is create a canvas of the correct size (or go to Edit > Resize Painting), and export your art in the correct format (usually JPEG or PNG).

Maybe figma?

I don't know how to install a custom icon to identify a program for the empty desktop, but I was able to use ArtRage to create an icon for me as a user on my Microsoft 10 Accounts. I used a 1-inch square canvas, set at 150 pixels. There is some "fade" at the corners, so I needed to allow for that. I saved it as a png then went to "Settings" "Accounts" "Your Info" "Create your Picture" "Browse", then opened my tiny 1-inch image. I will watch this thread to see if someone knows how to make a custom icon to open ArtRage from the desktop. (Years ago my daughter made one called "Internet Exploder" to open her browser from her desktop, but I have no idea how she did it.)

Icon

In Windows 10 > Right click on the program icon > Left click on 'Properties' > Choose the 'shortcut' tab > Click on the 'Change Icon' button > Browse to the location of your custom Icon > Note in the Browse 'Change Icon' window the filled in blank on the bottom right with the acceptable icon extension names (.ico etc.) > Choose the icon you want and click 'OK' and 'OK' again until you are out of the windows.

Thank you, MAB, for the information. I love to learn new things.

I'm new here too, I just joined you

Welcome to the ArtRage Forum, enjoy!