Thread: Concept art done in Artrage 5

Concept art done in Artrage 5

I've got Artrage 5 and i'm interested in concept art. I was wondering if anyone has any concept art images they've done.
    Is there any chance more concept art tutorials are going to be made other then the one done by Steve Goad.
    and finally could someone please help me with the custom brush designer i would like to make some brushes much like the ones by jeremy fenske
    so if anyone could help me thanks!

Great thinking and yeah, I'm sure all that can be done in ArtRage. Brushes are important. But more essential is your ability to know what to put where to get an idea out of your imagination and onto the screen, with lots of room for being both specific and free forming. It's an art as well as a skill.

I have seen a number of videos that feature that kind concept painting if you look around. I'm not sure they use ArtRage or not. But you certainly could. I wouldn't get hung up on a particular program. I would learn to paint and apply the sense of it to whatever program you use, in this case ArtRage. Look around the internet. It's flooded with art and tutorials.

Meanwhile start collecting good photo reference of environments and concept paintings that you like and just start pushing paint around. Get your feet wet.

Have fun.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Have a look at the Nick Harris tutorial as well - the videos are worth watching, and also include a lot of Custom Brush related tips.
    https://www.artrage.com/illustrating...etting-canvas/

Browsing the featured artist section may help, you won't find step by step tutorials, but you will find a lot of artists that might help give you ideas
    https://www.artrage.com/featured-artists/

Thanks for the answers I'll have a look at all the things you suggested. Quick questionCould someone please explain how the grains work in the customs brush designer what all the sliders do.

The 'Grain' controls how much it reacts to the canvas grain. You can also find a lot more help about each of the settings here:
    https://www.artrage.com/manuals/cust.../custom-brush/

Thanks for your answers! Why is it i've never read the artrage manual before

I once heard someone say, "When all else fails, read the directions."

You're not alone.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Does ArtRage 5 have a manual yet?

I have one on my PC.. Press F1 in the program.. or go to Help.. Manual. If you don't have it or can't find it I can put mine on dropbox for you