Thread: Cliff Burton (Metallica '82-'86) still in progress

Cliff Burton (Metallica '82-'86) still in progress

Attachment 94602 Almost done.. Hard to get great reference picture of this great bass player because he died in 1986 in a buss crash in Sweden.

Amazing! You really have a good handle on blond hair. Very nice colors and natural effect. It's all looking great.

I know the genre is filled with death imagery. It's part of the vibe. But I always wondered in the back of my mind if people who sing and obsess about death don't in fact create it like a mantra. Good stuff if you're a warrior and death is part of life. But for artists? Sometimes we don't know which way that death is aimed.
    So RIP to this young man.

Very good painting I must say. Better and better every time.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you! When I started listning to Metallica,he was already gone. Thank God for You Tube,Spotify ... There you can listen how he played. What a great bass player he was. ;-)

Yeah. Well, unlike music trends, good caricatures never go out of fashion. So you're headed in a lasting direction.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream