Thread: Fill tool?

Fill tool?

Hi guys
    I’m new to ArtRage IOS and following the book ‘Make great art on your IPad ‘ by Alison Jardine and seem to be going round in circles with the ‘fill tool’. I’m using latest iPad version of ArtRage on iOS 11.2 on my IPad Air. I thought drawing an enclosed shape such as a square with say a pencil and then selecting the Fill tool then touching inside the square would fill the square with the selected colour but the whole canvas fills instead what am I missing please?. Also can I select particular shapes such as square,circle etc or freehand with a selection tool?
    thanks
    Steve

You might have a small gap in the selection (zoom in and check the lines carefully), or you might be filling on a separate layer. Select the Fill tool and open the Settings (the cog icon next to the current tool) and see if 'Current Layer Only' is ticked or not.

If it is ticked, it will be ignoring any lines drawn on other layers and just flooding on one layer. Untick it to fill in shapes across multiple layers.

There is no selection tool on iOS, so you will not be able to select anything.

Thanks Hannah that did it. Zooming in I noticed a couple of missed pixels. What's likely to cause that? the stylus (Adonis Pixel) ,Artrage or most likely the user 😙.
    Regards
    Steve

Some combination of all three, probably! It only takes a small gap to allow a leak, and a slight variance in pressure, or drawing very small lines while zoomed out can easily leave a space.

(Note: ArtRage 5 does have an option to ignore gaps, but this probably won't make it to iOS anytime soon as it is pretty complicated).