Thread: Absolute noob needs help

Absolute noob needs help

I am trying to learn how to use my Wacom Draw tablet with ArtRage Lite, and every time I try to do anything, a note page appears and I can't draw or click on anything unless I wait, with my tip down, for it to go away. It's as if it is expecting me to write a note, instead of draw a picture, though it doesn't seem to save anything in the note pad. It is making it very hard for me to do anything. If I lift my pen tip to do another stroke, it reappears, every time! Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I can't find any setting for it.

Hello Kiwigirl and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Are you using a Mac? If so it sounds to me like you may have inadvertently turned on an obscure Mac app called Ink.
    You can find it in your Mac’s System Preferences, but only when the tablet is connected.
    I don’t have my tablet with me just now to check but if I remember rightly, to disable it you need to Un-check the ‘Allow In Any Application’ box or something like that.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.8 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.13.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Cool Solved

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello Kiwigirl and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Are you using a Mac? If so it sounds to me like you may have inadvertently turned on an obscure Mac app called Ink.
    You can find it in your Mac’s System Preferences, but only when the tablet is connected.
    I don’t have my tablet with me just now to check but if I remember rightly, to disable it you need to Un-check the ‘Allow In Any Application’ box or something like that.

Thank you so much markw. I found Ink and turned off the button that said "Use Ink for any application" and now my tablet works perfectly in ArtRage. I can now also use the tablet and pen to write with and the handwriting recognition is great. My handwriting is abominable, but my Mac is learning it! Even i struggle with reading my own.

Thanks again.