Thread: Paint from a clone source?

Paint from a clone source?

Is it possible to automatically use the color from an underlying layer (i.e. clone source), or must I pick each color separately? If it is can someone tell me how?

It is sort of possible, depending on what version of ArtRage you have, but it is easier to add the layer as a tracing image instead.

1) Cloner Tool
    You can use the Cloner tool but it will pick up everything, not just colour.

2) Tracing image
    Export the layer and add it as a new tracing image, then set the colour picking to pick from the tracing image (it will do that automatically when you add it). Every new stroke will pick a colour from the image.

For more refined colour picking effects, use the Custom Brush (ArtRage 5) with Sample Tracing Image active at 100%. Every dab will pick a new colour, instead of every entire stroke, so it will match more closely.
    https://www.artrage.com/manuals/cust...olor-settings/

The Sticker Spray tool will also act similarly.

3) Manual colour picking

Hold ALT to quickly pick a colour and click on an area. Add the image as a reference image if the layer underneath is getting covered up too much.

Note: I've edited your username from your email, so you will need to log in using the new username. If you would like to change it to something else, PM me or email us at [email protected] and I'll fix it.