Thread: Brush Contact (Stylus pressure) - Brush loading bug

Brush Contact (Stylus pressure) - Brush loading bug

A further oil brush loading quirk. It seems like even though a single brush is loaded with the same amount of paint, the total volume of paint laid down in a single stroke varies and is vastly different based on the size of the brush contact with the canvas during the stroke. This is a quirk of any brush whose size (brush contact with canvas) changes with pressure i.e. stylus or pen pressure ON.

To be fair, (with a brush with stylus pressure off) heavy pressure lays down thicker paint quickly which is good, and lighter strokes lay down shallower paint more slowly allowing longer strokes. This, I presume, conserves the volume of paint for each stroke, so that it is consistent for every stroke independent of pressure (when the stylus pressure is OFF). This is shown at the top of the pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrushLoadingQuirk2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	265.9 KB 
ID:	94503

In the red rectangle are strokes with a round brush with stylus pen pressure controlling the size of the brush contact with the canvas ON. Loading on the brush was not changed and was the same for each stroke.
    As can be seen in the pic, the total paint laid down is vastly different for a brush loaded with the same amount of paint, depending on the amount (size) of brush contact with the canvas. Strokes begun with a small amount of brush contact result in very little total paint being laid down, and no further handling of the brush results in the "rest" of the loaded paint being laid down on the canvas.

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed it on for the programmers to look into.

Thank you! The orientation brush loading "quirk" as well?

Yep. Actually, it looks like the same thing - the initial stroke size is setting the amount of loading for the rest of the stroke.

Я приехал в AR из реальной живописи. И я не понимаю одну проблему. В реальной живописи я беру любую кисть любого размера. Предположим, что плоская щетка № 6. Если я рисую и сильно нажимаю, краска наносится в толстый слой. Если я слегка коснусь холста, то краску наносят тонким прозрачным слоем. Размер кисти не меняется.
    В AR + Apple Pencil. Я выбрал кисть и выбрал размер кисти. Если я сильно нажимаю - получаю широкий ход, я слегка нажимаю - получаю тонкий мазок. В обоих случаях количество краски одинаковое. Это не правильно. Возьмите карандаш в руке, сильно и легко, вы получите разную степень яркости (прозрачность) с одинаковой шириной.
    Я хочу, чтобы размер кисти не менялся при касании, но количество краски меняется.
    Могу ли я установить этот параметр для настольной версии и для iOS?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	94576  
    Last edited by MacVit; 01-25-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Ar. Ширина кисти не меняется, сила продукта. Я не вижу воздушный мазок с меньшим количеством чернил на той же ширине кисти, но я вижу тонкий мазок с таким же количеством краски и другой шириной кисти.
    If I need a thin smear, then I'll take a thin brush. If I need a big smear, then I'll take a big brush. But in any case, the pressure on the brush will affect the amount of paint applied, and not on the size of the brush
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MacVit; 01-25-2018 at 11:09 PM.

"Я хочу, чтобы размер кисти не менялся при касании, но количество краски меняется. "

'Loading' will change the amount of paint. 'Pressure' will help you control the size (a low pressure brush will not vary in size very much).

I also noticed this bug, "stylus properties >> size" changes the behaviour of oil brush paint strokes