Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubles dealing with Brush

@Red_Force

love and light!
    Last edited by nekomata; 01-26-2018 at 06:04 AM.

I am unsure if this is related, but is there any way to access the custom brush tool on the lite version?

If not is there a way to adjust the presets to make a reliable soft brush?

I would say airbrush and chalk/wax tools would be your best bet for soft strokes, however, airbrush in lite version does not have a hardness slider;

that and custom brush tool might be good reasons to get a full artrage 5 app.
    it also has a blurring mode for the palette knife tool (which basically works like a blur tool in photoshop, a bit more intuitive maybe), which you might find useful for softening paint strokes.

Hey neko:

Could you remove the video from your message above, I find the overly large endlessly looping video annoying and intrusive and as such it is somewhat offensive. (No personal slight against Lohan)

If you must display your sentiment to another member with such a video, I suggest and ask that you do so privately.

On the other hand, if (for whatever reason) you prefer/wish/choose to put your sentiments for another user "on display" for "all" to see, please refrain from using annoying endlessly looping videos!

DO

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    Hey neko:

Could you remove the video from your message above, I find the overly large endlessly looping video annoying and intrusive and as such it is somewhat offensive.
    just in case if you go on the internet outside of this board and see an animated .gif image, any adblocker in 2018 will hide it for you.

I would appreciate not seeing my user name here cut off, unless you're relying on text-to-speech or some other non-keyboard input method that doesn't recognize the entire word.

Thanks nekomata! (She, Lohan that is, really was annoying me and I plan to contribute to this thread re. some of Red_force's issues)
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 01-26-2018 at 04:27 PM.

it's up to you if you want to invite it back on the board.

I have a trace of certainty that a ~veteran in ~computer arts likely has his own support network available via twitter/facebook/phone or e-mail that will be happy to look into their issues (obvious ones, that aren't related to artrage, aside.)

Red might never see this.. but if they do.. is this what you are looking for? This is a custom brush that took all of 30 seconds to make.. but you can't be using lite or mobile.. has to be desktop! This is done with a single stroke (with the mouse btw.. so no pressure sensitivity on the stroke) No curved edges.. just like using a flat brush

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Single Stroke Flat Brush with edge.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	94728

BrushcraftOnFire:

Custom brushes are good for a whole lot of things yes!

I think what is desired is an oilbrush that can do this... i.e. a brush which interacts with the thick paint in ArtRage.

Notwithstanding the brush shape as outlined, and the shape of a single brush dab, a flat square oil brush (currently) cannot make a parallelogram with a single angled stroke.

I will post a picture soon...

Edit: Here is an illustration:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AROilBrushStrokeShape.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	94735
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 02-28-2018 at 06:10 AM.