Thread: Temple of Luminous Dreams

Temple of Luminous Dreams

kind of a follow on to my previous post ("Complex & Fragile") as D Akey pointed out hints of Pop Art ( in the color ) with chromatic and linear expressions. This started after I made
    some reference works with dots ( my own sloppy benday dots from Roy Lichtenstein ) but liked that I can resize and warp them as needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple of Luminous Dreams.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	584.9 KB 
ID:	94461  

I really like this one. I think the groupings of your shapes are working really nicely. I also like the clarity of intention. This particular patterning feels full and organized for a design. A top contender for my tastes of the ones you've done along these lines.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like it too. I haven't seen a lot of abstract painting on computer but this one is solid IMO. Would be curious to see that on a wall. How would the colors play at larger scale ?

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I really like this one. I think the groupings of your shapes are working really nicely. I also like the clarity of intention. This particular patterning feels full and organized for a design. A top contender for my tastes of the ones you've done along these lines.
    thanks my friend, the big shapes and clarity of colors worked out great in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Force View Post
    I like it too. I haven't seen a lot of abstract painting on computer but this one is solid IMO. Would be curious to see that on a wall. How would the colors play at larger scale ?
    thanks Red_Force, I have had my work printed out atleast 3'x'4' and they work well especially where as D Akey pointed out there is a clear and defined design and color, I think certain works could go even double that size, when I work I have that scale in mind sometimes, other works I want to keep to about 28" x 30" for a more intimate feeling. Interestingly I have been exploring the international and national (US) art scene and found very few digital abstracts as you say. Most digital works are collage/semi photographic works, with the notable exception of David Hockney of course.