Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

Another one that began by smearing a photo I took over Wellington a few years back. Smeared it with the palette knife and left it for a loooong time before deciding to make something out of the mess this past weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5518.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	94583  

Fell off the wagon for a bit on posting these. I took a trip to China for work, and was basically shut down for social media and google, and I've been running like crazy ever since. Here's the first in an attempt to catch up!

Name:	IMG_6093.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	415.2 KB 
ID:	94625  

Amazing detail for finger painting.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Really pleasant dusky palette. The end in the day of the golden hour. Artists and photographers look great basking in it.

So nice that you can take your art studio with you in an easy to carry electronic device. Fills in between the bursts of job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Amazing detail for finger painting.
    Thank you! I don't think I could achieve it in any other medium at this size other than digital...with the transform tool and a two fingered zoom!

Thanks D Akey. Yea I guess I could do it with a little gouache pack, but even that requires a bit more setup time...often I have only minutes to get a quick impression so the electronic device is perfect for that.

Chengdu around my hotel had this amazing nuanced mix of drab greys with pops of color. A lot of decaying structures which I found interesting and oddly beautiful. I don't think I quite achieved what I was hoping to capture in the finger sketch before it started snowing and my fingers got cold.
    This was one of the few live paintings I was able to do on the trip.

Name:	IMG_6102.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	368.4 KB 
ID:	94633  
    Last edited by Chad Weatherford; 02-11-2018 at 11:22 PM.

quite beautiful, of love the subtle mix of grays with hints of green and blue and little pops of color as you said... a very successful work.

Hi CHAD YES I've A 1st gen; IPad which got for doing Bus Sketches but only heads but was advised not to use as being old it would be pinched so stayed with pencil and 5" paper pads ok
    yes I have Artrage on the IPad so I've tried a quick smash of your Café one with the Horse but can't show it as don't know how to get it on my computer so I could post it maybe just as well as its a 1st
    attempt and would have you Laughing and rolling on the floor yes like you I only use finger as its always there Yes your stuff is Fab so will it b ok if I keep trying to copy Regards eighty+

I agree that one of the things that makes your work so strong is your use of color accents and the variations you insert making even the most benign setting sort of dazzle the eye. It's a great lens to look through for sure.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream