Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

Finger paint day 17. I'm behind schedule and life hasn't thrown a major swerve yet. I can see some disruptions coming though. Of course, I can't account for the things that blindside!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5368.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	94559  

Whistler could not have done a better job. Nice one. Sorry about the disruptions in your life. Push through it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Weatherford View Post
    Thank you...I enjoy doing the night ones. I can never capture them correctly in a photo so painting is the most accurate way for me to record what I see!
    Words for an artist to live by. You just mentioned one of the pitfalls about letting machines automatically do their thing without our consciousness or at least not nearly as much, compared with the artist filtering and sorting it all with a personal vision. I mean one can certainly take photography to great places, but that's either luck or lots of work. But it's different. I agree completely.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-21-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Fingerpaint day 18. Some additional PSD brushes in post for some textural effects. About 35 minutes all up. It was drizzling so not much was painted live. I do have a new mobile rig for painting in the rain though. It involves jamming the handle and stem of my umbrella into the gap between my jacket and neck. Real classy solution.

Name:	IMG_5373.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	380.6 KB 
ID:	94562  

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Whistler could not have done a better job. Nice one. Sorry about the disruptions in your life. Push through it.
    Thanks for the compliment! Thanks also for the encouragement. It's a predictable disruption in that I teach an environment and prop design class. It just swallows up an additional 12 hours a week so it's going to be a chore to keep up with these dailies.
    Last edited by Chad Weatherford; 01-22-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Words for an artist to live by. You just mentioned one of the pitfalls about letting machines automatically do their thing without our consciousness or at least not nearly as much, compared with the artist filtering and sorting it all with a personal vision. I mean one can certainly take photography to great places, but that's either luck or lots of work. But it's different. I agree completely.
    And...If I were a better photographer maybe I wouldn't need to paint it haha. Thanks for the comment!

Behind again...maybe the posting delay will help me. Finger painting from day 19 with some psd brushes thrown in at the end...a self portrait.

Name:	IMG_5505.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	492.7 KB 
ID:	94570  

And again: Bravo!

In Spanish the word to playing an instrument is "tocar" which translates "to touch". It makes sense in music to associate playing with that sense. And now you're getting it all done with touching the image with color. We may have a new word being laterally extended. Touching color sounds so much more grown up than finger painting.

What talent!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

And again: Bravo!

In Spanish the word to playing an instrument is "tocar" which translates "to touch". It makes sense in music to associate playing with that sense. And now you're getting it all done with touching the image with color. We may have a new word being laterally extended. Touching color sounds so much more grown up than finger painting.
    Ha thank you! You are right, that does sound more grown up. Tocar en colour? Not sure if what I typed there would be a correct translation.