Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    My wife was just driving home through one of the canyons late this afternoon and she mentioned that a fire just started right above her on the road she was traversing. Fire trucks were just getting there. But they closed the road just after she got through.

And yes, I recognize the orange cast you gave that one with the car when your area had fires.

I really like the Arizona one. Great way to show the colors of those hills and surrounds. Nice rich palette you used. Adds life to it.
    Thanks D Akey, I guess these types of colours will become more common in a warming climate huh?

Was your wife alarmed by the fire? I guess it would have been some distance above.

A quick sketch of a sock monkey at my dads house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74CCE13A-09AF-4A47-85A1-4D783A827B23.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	431.1 KB 
ID:	96409  

I was looking at a lot of Fred Cummings work when I painted this. Not that it looks like anything he would paint, but there was a small influence.

Name:	941A1DC1-3952-456E-B89C-E523D183F297.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	495.6 KB 
ID:	96410  

4am painting of my dads back yard in Dewey, Arizona. Kind of a spontaneous session.

Name:	CD7B96A7-4816-4C9F-8C57-6C75DEB13810.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	96411  

You really captured the moonlight Chad. I might not comment often but I always look and I admire all your paintings.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

More delights for us, I love the sock monkey! and the moonlight scene you captured the mood exactly, and that is no easy feat! I like the simple scene of the backyard, everyone tucked away and it's stillness
    really one of your best

Thank you June, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    More delights for us, I love the sock monkey! and the moonlight scene you captured the mood exactly, and that is no easy feat! I like the simple scene of the backyard, everyone tucked away and it's stillness
    really one of your best
    Thanks Gary, that means a lot...it was tricky to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Weatherford View Post
    Thanks D Akey, I guess these types of colours will become more common in a warming climate huh?

Was your wife alarmed by the fire? I guess it would have been some distance above.
    Indeed about the global warming palette.

Yeah. I think I was more alarmed than her because she called me in process and I only had my knowledge of the road and an overwhelming concern especially hearing it over the phone. The fire was close to the road and there's nowhere to escape on those narrow roads if the traffic is locked. Not like on the freeway where there are multiple lanes in two directions. I've experienced that once but it was being contained.

She was on a one lane road each way. They're roads carved out of the hills which are too steep for any vehicle except on roads. And these fires can spread super fast down here where it's dry scrub. Anyway, she had just passed the fire before they closed the road. They apparently got it put out before it got away from them. Cheers to the firefighters around here. But it's scary as hell because it can and does get away from them enough that it's always a real thing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Indeed about the global warming palette.

Yeah. I think I was more alarmed than her because she called me in process and I only had my knowledge of the road and an overwhelming concern especially hearing it over the phone. The fire was close to the road and there's nowhere to escape on those narrow roads if the traffic is locked. Not like on the freeway where there are multiple lanes in two directions. I've experienced that once but it was being contained.

She was on a one lane road each way. They're roads carved out of the hills which are too steep for any vehicle except on roads. And these fires can spread super fast down here where it's dry scrub. Anyway, she had just passed the fire before they closed the road. They apparently got it put out before it got away from them. Cheers to the firefighters around here. But it's scary as hell because it can and does get away from them enough that it's always a real thing.
    Absolutely nuts. Glad she made it home safely. My dad was seeing the Prescott area fires in AZ glowing in the night sky from his home in Dewey. He was insisting on staying there until forced to evacuate. Luckily the fire was put out before it could cause further devastation and reach his home.