Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

ArtRage still life sketch. The vignetting of the canvas was added in Photoshop...essentially digital-scraping off the paint in those areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad_mar 14.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	95098  

Thanks for the tips on Impasto strokes. I will be trying that technique with my next paintings.

I really like how the super-structure of the container ship pops off the other colors. That is such a risk-taking move! No risks, no gains sometimes?
    Robert Hopkins

These are all great. "Postcards from the Zone."
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    Thanks for the tips on Impasto strokes. I will be trying that technique with my next paintings.

I really like how the super-structure of the container ship pops off the other colors. That is such a risk-taking move! No risks, no gains sometimes?
    Pleasure! Let me know how it works!

Thanks for the comment on the container ship. I don't think I was even processing that it was a risk...I was just in the battle trying to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    These are all great. "Postcards from the Zone."
    Thanks D Akey. What's that even mean? Haha

Sketch looking under the Burrard Bridge. This Bridge was a mess of traffic last week, as someone was attempting (or succeeded) to jump off the nearby Granville street Bridge. Horrible.

I just realised I messed up the date stamp on this.

Name:	IMG_6909.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	421.6 KB 
ID:	95104  
    Last edited by Chad Weatherford; 04-30-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Weatherford View Post
    Thanks D Akey. What's that even mean? Haha
    Postcards from the Zone -- where each picture you paint on your journey is done while in "the Zone" meaning you're in the groove, you're cookin', you're hot, where all your moves are right. And the play on the idea that you're always traveling. . . um, you may be that young where you didn't experience sending scenic postcards from one's vacation places. The cliché was: "Having a wonderful time. Wish you were here." Sort of fits. Only you don't really need to write anything since your paintings speak the sentiment most articulately. My work, when I was off or out of sorts showed up as bad paintings that day. Since yous are so cool, I assume you are having a wonderful time. And because you post them, it's sharing the place, so if we don't go to those locations, you bring the locations to us as a courtesy.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Postcards from the Zone -- where each picture you paint on your journey is done while in "the Zone" meaning you're in the groove, you're cookin', you're hot, where all your moves are right. And the play on the idea that you're always traveling. . . um, you may be that young where you didn't experience sending scenic postcards from one's vacation places. The cliché was: "Having a wonderful time. Wish you were here." Sort of fits. Only you don't really need to write anything since your paintings speak the sentiment most articulately. My work, when I was off or out of sorts showed up as bad paintings that day. Since yous are so cool, I assume you are having a wonderful time. And because you post them, it's sharing the place, so if we don't go to those locations, you bring the locations to us as a courtesy.

Thanks for that! No I'm not too young to remember postcards...I think they are still around right? I understand the phrase now and appreciate it. That's cool to think of them as postcards from my daily existence. They are a bit of a visual diary, a compression of my life since arriving n Canada.

15 - 20 minute sketch from the commute from March a few years ago, trying to capture the blinding effect of the morning light glancing off the water after a nights rain.

Name:	IMG_6913.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	395.1 KB 
ID:	95117  

Sketch of my daughter from March last year. This one was all ArtRage except for the date stamp.

Name:	IMG_6987.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	95119