Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

All nice works of art Chad! I will have to scope out that sharpen filter. I’m sure Affinity Photo has the same feature set.
    Robert Hopkins

Loving every one of them. You have a whole lot of color schemes in your bag of tricks. They all work so well too. Sharpening. I usually have gone the other way with blurring to one degree or other. But sharpening's helping to produce a signature look. As I've said before, I really admire your painterly style. So how big are you working usually where you need to sharpen? I would think that if you were blowing things up you might run into artifacting. But I don't see any.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    All nice works of art Chad! I will have to scope out that sharpen filter. I’m sure Affinity Photo has the same feature set.
    Thanks Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Loving every one of them. You have a whole lot of color schemes in your bag of tricks. They all work so well too. Sharpening. I usually have gone the other way with blurring to one degree or other. But sharpening's helping to produce a signature look. As I've said before, I really admire your painterly style. So how big are you working usually where you need to sharpen? I would think that if you were blowing things up you might run into artifacting. But I don't see any.
    Thanks DAkey, I like trying out different things to kept it interesting, but feel like my palette gravitates towards blue a lot. I'm hoping as the year rolls on and the seasons evolve the color palette will change as well ha. These are about 2000 pixels across. I believe the limitation is a bit over 2000 for the ArtRage app. The sharpen just crispens things a bit on a smaller sized sketch. Sometimes I'll size them up in PS to to 4500 pixels across to clean up some edges, then size them back down. Surprised I don't get more artifacting with that process.

This is another one that is only a small percentage Fingerpaint with ArtRage, the rest is Photoshop. Still qualifying it for this series because Im desperate to catch up since we are almost through with April! Finished for March of Robots on Instagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6778.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	95071  

Back to nocturns in early March...

Name:	IMG_6782.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	370.6 KB 
ID:	95072  

Sketched this mostly from across the street. I love doing iPad sketches at night but it must look creepy to everyone else...especially looking through shop windows haha.

Name:	IMG_6812.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	95073  

Great lighting on that last one Chaf!
    Robert Hopkins

Sa-weet! As if you're in an air traffic control tower at an international airport making sure all the planes land properly in their respective destinations. Good stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    Great lighting on that last one Chaf!
    Thanks Robert!