Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

So are these from life of National Geographic or some in-flight magazine? I would be amazed if you were seeing all this color on your travels. It would be an amazing travel journal of an artist. So in response to what you mentioned, this is far from a dull subject. Nice painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh they are from my travels, but most of the China sketches are from photos I took and memory. I blocked them in real loose and dirty at the end of each day while the scene was somewhat fresh in my mind, and used the photos for detailing later. It was too regimented of a trip to be able to paint much live unfortunately. The few live ones I did were mostly around my hotel.

Finger paint day 29. Sketch of a pooch from a photo I took in Huanglongxi ancient village.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6399.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	361.8 KB 
ID:	94729  

Great... Your textures are amazing!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

The dog looks worried. Maybe I'm projecting

Still loving the colors and painterly marks. Another bull's eye the kind that's painted burnt sienna as opposed to cadmium red.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Your paintings are AMAZING! And to do them with your finger WOW!
    The textures in the back ground of the dog one how is it you achieved That?
    And how do you go about starting one of these paintings

love your use of a natural pallet of color in your works, that blends well with your expressive style...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The dog looks worried. Maybe I'm projecting

Still loving the colors and painterly marks. Another bull's eye the kind that's painted burnt sienna as opposed to cadmium red.
    Ha I thought he looked tired, but maybe that is me projecting. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Whinknshire View Post
    Your paintings are AMAZING! And to do them with your finger WOW!
    The textures in the back ground of the dog one how is it you achieved That?
    And how do you go about starting one of these paintings
    Thanks so much for the compliment and question. Regarding the process, I think I recorded a script for that one. I'm going to get the desktop version of AR soon and then I can share the recording. My process isn't real linear, and sometimes I take it back and forth from AR to Photoshop so it ends up being more of a hybrid painting than a pure finger paint. The dog though is 98% AR. The texture you are asking about is just pencil tool and dry brushing over an actual oil painting Image that had a nice orange palette. Sometimes over the course of creating one of these I'll find it gets too predictable or same-y looking with the brushstrokes. When that happens I'll pull in a painting image and mess with the layer blending mode to get an abstract texture that 'messes up' the surface again. That process gives me all sorts of analog looking artefacts and a little chaos that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    love your use of a natural pallet of color in your works, that blends well with your expressive style...
    Thank you!