Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

Such a brilliant works there! Especially I liked first with raiy day, Cargoship in the fog and the one with three spaceships. Amazing brushwork, really good. You truly show us what ArtRage is capable of

I'm crazy about your use of color. You're so lucky you weren't a print illustrator in the 60s-80s where getting a full range of colors in printing was such a crap shoot. I finally figured out why so many illustrators did most of their work in very simplified palettes -- because it avoided having the whole color scheme fall apart. On the screen it all stays put as you painted it. Because of the technology and everyone seeing it pretty much the way you painted it, it's not been corrupted through middlemen. Nice seeing your work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Chad, he wants to get it off his Ipad, and putting it into Google Photos means he can access it from the PC and phone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LDFA View Post
    Such a brilliant works there! Especially I liked first with raiy day, Cargoship in the fog and the one with three spaceships. Amazing brushwork, really good. You truly show us what ArtRage is capable of
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I'm crazy about your use of color. You're so lucky you weren't a print illustrator in the 60s-80s where getting a full range of colors in printing was such a crap shoot. I finally figured out why so many illustrators did most of their work in very simplified palettes -- because it avoided having the whole color scheme fall apart. On the screen it all stays put as you painted it. Because of the technology and everyone seeing it pretty much the way you painted it, it's not been corrupted through middlemen. Nice seeing your work.
    Although I do see a color degradation going from ArtRage to Photoshop. And of course different monitors can change the colours too. Drives me nuts when when doing illustrations with 2 monitors that aren't calibrated. Thanks for the compliment!

Oh I see... sounds pretty handy actually!

Fingerpaint 27. Bus time is all I've got currently to squeeze these out. Can't wait to get January sketches wrapped up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6357.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	94698  

Gotta love whitish flat rooftops that abound in some arid climates where the roof is something of a yard and even a bedroom in some places like Egypt. Looking down, they offer the painter an opportunity which can be seen as an almost mosaic kind of affair that one can really exploit. Talk about the use of planes! The geometry of architecture is not everyone's thing, but you make it really interesting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Gotta love whitish flat rooftops that abound in some arid climates where the roof is something of a yard and even a bedroom in some places like Egypt. Looking down, they offer the painter an opportunity which can be seen as an almost mosaic kind of affair that one can really exploit. Talk about the use of planes! The geometry of architecture is not everyone's thing, but you make it really interesting.
    Thank you. D-Akey. A lot of these sketches deal with fairly mundane subject matter I guess, so if you think I am making them interesting I've accomplished something! Thank you!

Fingerpaint day 28. This one is pretty much all ArtRage on the iPad. I did bring it over to Photoshop to run a sharpness filter at one point to bring out the details. Ladies playing cards in Huanglongxi ancient town.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6377.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	383.6 KB 
ID:	94716