Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Finger Paintings!

one of your best IMHO. you have said so much without overworking a complex scene.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Chad I thought it must be Loch Ness

OK CIAO IYAVA CON DIOS SLAINTE
    Haaah yes it looks like it!

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Thanks for the information Chad ! and it goes without saying it is the artist not the tools that makes art! Especially so in your case. I think you are part of a new generation of plein-air painters that can work digitally as well as with traditional media.
    Any time! And thank you very much. After this year ends I think I’ll try out gouache. I’ve recieved a lot of comments how these paintings look surprisingly like gouache and yet I’ve never actually painted with gouache. Do you paint traditionally as well?

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    one of your best IMHO. you have said so much without overworking a complex scene.
    Thanks Gary! I’m honestly not sure whisch one you are referring to but I’ll take it!

Quick one looking down our street in the morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1109D821-6217-403D-A022-35DDDBEE639E.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	96528  

I love that green tree branches and the colours you used in it. Beautiful

Looks good. So what month have you gotten to with your year long trail of paintings? I can only imagine that one would find an even more amazing artist waiting for you at the end of it. Continuity is so powerful.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Weatherford View Post
    Any time! And thank you very much. After this year ends I think I’ll try out gouache. I’ve recieved a lot of comments how these paintings look surprisingly like gouache and yet I’ve never actually painted with gouache. Do you paint traditionally as well?
    Hi Chad sorry for the late reply, but yes I painted traditionally for nearly 35 years ( but the last twenty have just been digital work ) with all types of media, acrylics, oils, watercolor and gouache. I especially liked gouache as you can quickly build up layers of color much like acrylic or oils but much faster of course. I also like to use a medium with it, consisting of an egg yolk pricked so only the yolk drained out and i discarded the yolk sac. Then mixed in a little distilled water and a drop of white vinegar. This gave the paint a beautiful satin sheen. Let me know when you try them out!!.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    I love that green tree branches and the colours you used in it. Beautiful
    Thank you very much for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looks good. So what month have you gotten to with your year long trail of paintings? I can only imagine that one would find an even more amazing artist waiting for you at the end of it. Continuity is so powerful.
    I’m into October right now. If I could muster 3 a day for a couple weeks I’d be caught up...but then I get stuck on one for a few days so I tend to lose the ground I gain with a surge.

I feel like I have already learned a lot just pumping through these...if I am a stronger artist at the end I will be very happy!