Thread: s3 [dot] amazonaws [dot] com = problems? DEMO versions

s3 [dot] amazonaws [dot] com = problems? DEMO versions

Hi,
    I am an ArtRage fan and member of the community and have the full version for Windows.
    Now, I wanted to suggest to somebody to try out a free version, and found your demo version here on Artrage. com.
    Before giving the link to the person, I wanted to try out myself, so
    I clicked "download for Windows" and the URL shows me above website: the s3 amazonaws. I have heard in the past and still now people having problems with this URL, when downloading from it, they get problems on the computer like search is redirected, or one person even got a pop up window saying something about a Microsoft message which was NOT microsoft (confirmed by a Microsoft employee).

Is there any way to get the demo version from a more reliable website?

Thanks,
    astrid
    ps I will post an image in the comments if possible

here's the screenshot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaptureARdemo.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	94333

Hi,

The server "s3 amazonaws" is Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services. The idea of this Amazon hosting is to allow multiple countries to access a server close to them for a faster download speed. We consider it a trusted/popular services (but it does depend on the files uploader).

What you mention about problems with it, is due to an uploader being malicious and faking those downloads. Ensure you have an up-to-date virus scanner and if you ever encounter abuse from that server, avoid the questionable website and report those malicious links to: [email protected]
    Amazon Web Services (AWS) will promptly remove any malicious uploads or even terminate their account(s).

Our website is protected by Digicert SSL (see padlock on web-browser URL and the Digicert Seal on the ArtRage.com footer - click them to check) and it's links are scanned regularly. However, it's good that you are checking to stay safe.

I'll past your question on to the team and get back to you soon.

There's no need to be concerned when downloading the demo from a link on our site - There aren't problems with amazonaws links in general, it's more that because Amazon provide a storage and download service, some unscrupulous types have used it in the past as a place to store malicious software. The cases you've read of where people have problems after accessing an amazonaws link are because of the thing those people downloaded being bad, or the link they used to get there being from an untrustworthy source.

In this case, if you trust us (which I hope you do!) you can download our demo from there without any worries. Hope that helps.

thanks for your help