Thread: Wonky Oil Brush Loading Bug in AR5!!

Wonky Oil Brush Loading Bug in AR5!!

Hello:

I was playing around designing a new set of alla prima oil brushes for myself when I found a rather disturbing and wonky bug in the oil brush loading behavior.

Using a single sized brush, when painting multiple strokes over and over in the same view, loading and brush strokes are quite consistent. Stroke length is the same, reflecting physically (this is expected) that the amount of paint on the brush, i.e. the loading, at the beginning of each stroke is the same.

BUT this is true ONLY when working at the same view zoom magnitude: if one zooms in or zooms out, using the exact same brush size, the amount of paint on the brush changes (at least for zoom settings > 100), which is detectable by the brush stroke length changing even though the paint loading has not changed. Oddly the bug seems to change paint loading on the brush based on what settings are in the viewer (I have not tested whether rotation also changes this but I suspect not), in particular the zoom only when the zoom is >100.

Please note that the size or shape of the brush does not seem to have any bug, i.e. as the zoom changes the brush does not in a wonky way, change in size or shape with the zoom setting.

The following are strokes made the by the same brush on the same canvas all at a loading of 8, brush size was kept the same.

Magnification setting of the view while each stroke was made (starting from the top) are 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 300% and 400%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WonkyOilLoadingBug.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	94267

Thanks for reporting this, we are looking into it!

We are all invested in ArtRage, its existence and continual improvement. Thank you for listening!