Thread: Last journey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last journey

This is a personal work about the life itself. Everyone has to master difficult tasks in their lives, some are harmless, some may become uncomfortable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Letzte Reise.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	94167  

well done I like your use of text in the painting...

Very successful.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you!

Hmmm, when i look at it, i think it looks a little bit to dangerous for the child. Possibly i rework it

Is the text indicative of something in English or in another language?

Sorry, my english is really not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossedLine View Post
    . . .Hmmm, when i look at it, i think it looks a little bit to dangerous for the child. Possibly i rework it
    I felt the same way at first glance, but since I don't know your personal tastes and intention with it, nor how young your intended audience, I didn't say anything. Some successful children's book writers like to shock.

Anyway, since you offered the question that it might be too dangerous feeling, I agree. Part of it might be that the black letters are so bold and incomplete and they block the beauty of the sunset with sharp, emphatic angles, and that gesturing hand through the door, it all feels ominous like losing one's ability to process information and the fear that goes along with it (in this picture).

If you want to test something, you might change the font to a script and use a harmonious color that flows with the sky and thus feels more like a gentle voice. That would imply a soft transition from one realm into the other. That's just a possible direction to settle it down if it suits your theme. I was thinking this is dealing with death and not merely a difficult situation, so I may have missed what you wanted to say with the image.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-15-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    ... change the font to a script and use a harmonious color that flows with the sky and thus feels more like a gentle voice. That would imply a soft transition from one realm into the other. That's just a possible direction to settle it down if it suits your theme. I was thinking this is dealing with death and not merely a difficult situation, so I may have missed what you wanted to say with the image.
    That's a good thought. The theme in the picture is a bit complex.