Thread: Export, import, file manager

Export, import, file manager

I have seen other folks say they can export to Dropbox, but I don't see where I can do that. Also, can you import from Dropbox? I do that that in my music apps all the time. Last, any idea when artrage will support the iOS 11 file manager? Very handy tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickwaugh View Post
    I have seen other folks say they can export to Dropbox, but I don't see where I can do that. Also, can you import from Dropbox? I do that that in my music apps all the time. Last, any idea when artrage will support the iOS 11 file manager? Very handy tool.
    Hmmm, the more I look at this, and how much of a pain it is to copy files around, the more I think I may have made an incorrect choice as to art tools. Hoping to get an answer. Not being able to share files or move projects easily is not where most iOS apps are heading.

Have you found the export/import options at all or are you still looking for those? Dropbox and the iOS11 file manager should automatically appear if you are using the latest version of ArtRage.

Exporting:

1. From inside a painting, go to the main menu and choose 'export'. From the gallery, long press on a thumbnail or go to the full view and look for the arrow under the image.
    2. Choose the file type you are exporting (some are not supported by all apps)
    3. Choose the app or action

You can also export an individual layer from the layers menu, just open the layers and then tap the arrow for the menu for that layer and choose 'Export' or 'copy to clipboard' as needed.

Importing:

To import an image as a new canvas:

Go to the gallery itself and click the + in the top right for new painting options. You can import from all apps and files that allow it in iOS11.

To import an image into an existing painting:

Open the layers and tap the top right arrow for the overall menu and choose 'import layer' or 'paste from clipboard' as required.
    You can also add images as reference and tracing images through that menu. They will not be added as paint, but you can convert a tracing image into a paint layer afterwards.

Thanks kindly. I obviously didn't go near far enough.