Thread: Customised default canvas size and texture & metric units when creating a new canvas

Customised default canvas size and texture & metric units when creating a new canvas

These might've already been requested by others or I have missed them in the program. If that's the case then, please, advice on how to set these. Thank you!

1) It seems there's no way to set a custom canvas size as the default for new paintings? For example, I'd like the default blank canvas to be set to A3 landscape size. The canvas texture should also be possible to be set to a preferred default.

2) Even if I choose centimetres as the measurement unit when creating a new canvas, it will always default back to using inches when I open a new painting. Is there an an option for Artrage to use the metric system? If not, please, add one.

Quote Originally Posted by larir View Post
    These might've already been requested by others or I have missed them in the program. If that's the case then, please, advice on how to set these. Thank you!

1) It seems there's no way to set a custom canvas size as the default for new paintings? For example, I'd like the default blank canvas to be set to A3 landscape size. The canvas texture should also be possible to be set to a preferred default.
    You can't currently set a default size. You can create new size presets or save a default empty PTG file that is set up with your default settings, then you can just 'save as' your new paintings and keep the empty PTG as a shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by larir View Post
    2) Even if I choose centimetres as the measurement unit when creating a new canvas, it will always default back to using inches when I open a new painting. Is there an an option for Artrage to use the metric system? If not, please, add one.
    This should be saved in your preferences. Are you saving changes after you switch from inches to centimetres? (If you just cancel the menu window, it won't save the switch).