ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ipad to YouTube

Ipad to YouTube

I thought I might record some painting processes on my Ipad and post to YouTube. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this? Thanks in anticipation!

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. Use screen mirroring to record everything on your iPad as you work. Your options will depend on whether you can connect to a desktop computer, what OS that is, whether you want to pay for apps... there are lots of options and I don't know enough to recommend a specific one, but you should be able to easily mirror the iPad and then use a separate program to record the screen display on the desktop.

2. Use an app that records everything on screen as a video file. Not sure what options there are for that and these apps would be paid. It would also use a lot of memory while you painted.

3. Record a script on the iPad then play it back in a desktop version of ArtRage. Use screen recording software (e.g. OBS Studio or Screencast O Matic) and record the playback. This will capture the desktop interface instead, but be easier to edit and control the recording.

You can then upload 'as is' or edit it further in a movie editor.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

If you are using IOS 11 then there is now a screen recording feature built in!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    If you are using IOS 11 then there is now a screen recording feature built in!
    Yes, so I saw that in my travels while looking for info! But I'm not, sadly, I'm on 10.3.3.

Maybe time to get that new iPad I've been hankering after.

I could paint in the full program, but I'm teaching on iPad, and it's such fun.

Thanks Hannah, I don't have a Mac pc, so that complicates things a bit. I've trawled through the Apps to find something there, but no luck!

Re: playing script on my PC. Every script I have replayed has turned up a bad flaw in it, which would render it unusable. I don't know whether I push the program too hard, but something major ruins it each time.

I've sent some scripts through, but have had no replies on two. Hopefully they've got through to the gurus!
    Last edited by copespeak; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:50 AM.