Thread: ArtRage 5: Layer Names Issue?

ArtRage 5: Layer Names Issue?

Greetings all!

I just upgraded to ArtRage 5 from my much-used and much-loved ArtRage 4. After tinkering around with the new UI settings and options I couldn't find a way to get the names of layers (displayed to the right of each layer preview in 5) to display like they used to (displayed underneath the layer preview). This is proving to be very frustrating, as longer layer names are shown in such a tiny print I can barely read them, and when I turn on the larger layer previews they become completely unreadable. Is there a setting to move the names back under the layer preview images, like it was in previous versions of the software?

Thanks very much,
    KallahKrafted

Unfortunately that's the way it is in ArtRage 5; it is tricky to fit in layer names so they are visible but also show the whole name. The fact you have trouble reading them is useful feedback for future updates - how long do your layer names tend to be? Are we talking 'almost any name is too small' or 'needs a whole separate caption'?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm using ArtRage on 24" monitors running 1920 x 1080 resolution. Any layer name in 5 that runs longer than one of two short words quickly becomes unreadable for me. Something as simple as "Corset Decoration" or "Silver Diamonds" seems pretty small to me, and anything like "Silver Leather Lines" is teeny. I've linked two images below, of the same project in ArtRage 4 and ArtRage 5.

https://gyazo.com/20d5de41d7ab0c3a10f475e08a84ddd1
    https://gyazo.com/cc3522875a228df4c51947d58cf18a0f

The best example from the screen shots is "Black Spades Copy" which was very easy to read in the old style, but very tiny in the current style. I'm just going to swap to (C) or C- for my copy layers for now, as that shortens it and helps quite a bit, but I'm still out of luck for "Sword Arm Inside" and whatnot. I do want to say that, other than this one issue, and that whole "getting used to where things are in the new version" transition phase, I'm really loving the new features of ArtRage 5!

Thanks very much,
    KallahKrafted

Thanks, that's a nice clear example! And it's great to hear that you are enjoying ArtRage 5 apart from the eyestrain ;P