ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is the AR Pen-Only toolbar workable in AR5 ?

Is the AR Pen-Only toolbar workable in AR5 ?

I've come across this wonderful tool and tried it in AR5, but it is missing some tools and doesn't respond to several built-in commands. It also doesn't close when AR closes although I do understand that it runs with AutoHotkey..a separate application.
    Has anyone reading this mastered this tool using AR5?
    GregS

Replying so that it gets 'bumped'. Short answer I don't think so but then I've never used it. Perhaps someone who has will answer.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Replying so that it gets 'bumped'. Short answer I don't think so but then I've never used it. Perhaps someone who has will answer.
    Very nice of you to bump the question. As I keep probing this add-on, I think it is a complex set of macros that loads on top of ArtRage. The idea is excellent in my opinion, but it would require a detailed reworking that might not be worth the effort. You might want to view the YouTube video mentioned in the original post. I was impressed by the way it miniaturized the AR interface and minimized its impact on the screen.
    Seems to me that the controls interfaces ofAR5, even in pod mode, are quite obtrusive.
    Thanks again.
    Greg Schultz

Hi Kupuna,

I'm the guy (the programmer) who coded the toolbar together with another user here, Steve B (the artist).

We haven't updated the toolbar in a while indeed. What is it that doesn't work in the latest version of AR? I think I only have ArtRage 3 installed on my computer, which I don't have access to at the moment.

The toolbar is just a floating window that sends the keyboard shortcuts associated with each tool when you press a button. So if the keyboard shortcuts have been changed in AR, they will need to be changed in the toolbar (which I can help you with). Apart from that, there are obviously things that are different from just sending shortcuts, such as the minimization of the panels.

By the way, one of the reasons the AR Toolbar hasn't been updated in a while is because since then I shared "Toolbar Creator", which allows you to design your own toolbars (but it doesn't have the capacity to minimize panels). If you're interested:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thre...ownload.63014/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for clearing up the status, Luc.
    I will explore Toolbar Creator and see what I can do with it. I don't believe my programming skills are strong enough to manage the floating toolbar; but if I wanted to play with it, how do I isolate the toolbar and get into its guts? Does the old QuickKeys version from which it originated still work with Windows 10?
    Greg Schultz

Hi Greg,

I hope you find Toolbar Creator to be easy to configure even if you don't have much programming skills, as that was the main objective for that program. Just let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I'm not sure what you mean by "how do I isolate the toolbar". Could you enlighten me on what you are trying to do?

I am unfortunately not familiar with QuickKeys and and Google is no help. Do you perhaps mean Art Keys (https://imgur.com/a/7sZ0o#0)? If yes, I'm not sure which one existed first, but I didn't know about it when I developed Toolbar Creator, which offers much more customization options and flexibility. Toolbar Creator was the successor to the ArtRage Pen-Only Toolbar, which all started a couple of years earlier when I shared a toolbar for Photoshop on Tablet PC Reviews.
    Last edited by luc_boisvert; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:53 AM.

Thank you Louis. I was assuming that Toolbar Creator was built "on top of" Quick Keys like the Pen-Only toolbar seemed to be. Your Creator must have its own engine built in. I won't bother you with uninformed questions until I experiment some more. I appreciate your information very much.
    Greg