Thread: Add different fonts to Text tool?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Add different fonts to Text tool?

Is it possible to add new fonts to the Text tool? How is this done and where can I obtain/prepare font files to use in AR?

Hello Kupuna,
    ArtRage doesn’t actually store any fonts itself, instead it accesses the fonts that are installed on your system.
    So to add a new font, just instal it to your computer as normal and then launch or relaunch AR and the new font should be available.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

The only restriction is that they need to be TTF (TrueType Fonts). ArtRage will automatically load any supported fonts installed on your computer.

That is not true...I have about 50 .ttf fonts, that do not load.

Feeling foolish, I blew right past the fact that there was a Font popup. I have many fonts on my system. Happy guy!

Thanks for your patience! I'm slowly knitting the pieces together. Now I can add fonts to my repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello Kupuna,
    ArtRage doesn’t actually store any fonts itself, instead it accesses the fonts that are installed on your system.
    So to add a new font, just instal it to your computer as normal and then launch or relaunch AR and the new font should be available.
    On windows 10 that is not true, it does not do that. I have many fonts on my computer AR does not install them.

@ sydney1940

It's a bit tricky with fonts. I don't really know why some programs don't load certain fonts, but it happened to me too repeatedly. I also had this problem some years ago with Adobes Creative Suite. In that case I could solve the problem by installing the concerning fonts a second time directly into the fonts folder of the Creative Suite. Unfortunatly ArtRage doesn't have such a folder. But that is not so important for me. ArtRage is a painting-software that works with pixels. And pixels aren't optimal for text. I use to work with some additional programs like Inkscape and GIMP to create content like canvas, stencils and brushes for ArtRage. It's no problem to create even text with those programs, to use it in ArtRage. Or, especially for running text, to import the images I painted with ArtRage into a vector or DTP Software and combine them with text there.
    Last edited by Somerset; 08-18-2020 at 04:43 AM.