Thread: Resizing page question

Resizing page question

I will be selling my art as digital prints. I will therefore need my prints be be jpegs to send out to buyers in various sizes so that they can print them off themselves.

Please can you tell me how to resize my prints, as I'm doing my head in trying to work it out.

what i have been doing is I go to 'resize painting' and go to the 'print size' section where i then try to input my desired print size, i'e 50x70 cm in 300dpi. I chose this size before i start painting so that when it is to be printed off, the quality is best and printing off prints smaller than this will not lose quality. Whereas if i saved the size as a smaller size to start, then if i needed to upsize, i'd lose the quality. This is my thinking. Am i correct?

Anyway, whenever i try to change the print size and save it, it saves to a different figure than i'd inputted. Why does it do this? If a client wants a print in size 50cm x 70cm to send to a print shop but the Artrage automatically resizes it for me, will this matter?

I don't understand.
    Ill be selling my prints in various sizes and need these sizes to be available to send out to my buyers in zip file format as a jpeg. (which i understand how to do - export file etc).

I hope that makes sense and i realllllly hope somebody can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance
    Dawn

Hello peachylife,
    I’m not sure what the problem is with your canvas size? I can create a canvas at your specified size & ppi and that’s what I get.
    You might try setting the ppi/dpi first before setting the dimensions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 13.16.08.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	93904

And yes scaling down is always safer than trying to scale up after painting!

If you are going to use jpeg to print from, make sure that in ArtRage’s preferences you have jpeg Quality set to 100%.
    I nearly always use PDF or a loss less format like TIFF or PNG which I also sometimes use.
    But your specific file formats will of course depend on your clients specifications and requirments.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by peachylife View Post

Anyway, whenever i try to change the print size and save it, it saves to a different figure than i'd inputted. Why does it do this? If a client wants a print in size 50cm x 70cm to send to a print shop but the Artrage automatically resizes it for me, will this matter?

Check if 'Preserve Original Aspect' is ticked - it might be automatically calculating length/width every time you edit something. If you're switching between print and pixel tabs, then changing DPi or Size will affect the pixel size (as pixels divided by DPI = printed size).