Thread: V/H bug

V/H bug

Paint something
    Hold down V
    While holding down V, use palette knife with tilt stylus

The knife effect is mirrored but not the knife-line/graphics itself. I would expect V to only flip the canvas, not the stylus-tilt-axis.

Same bug with holding H.

I'm not quite sure what you're seeing; when I test, the canvas flips and the painting tool doesn't, as it's supposed to.

Is the stylus input changing for you?

Made a video. Notice how the tool is mirrored, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMHQDC_t9MM

Oh, I see. It's just the Outline cursor that's pointing the 'wrong' way; the cursor isn't supposed to flip, but this wasn't showing with the other cursor types (that I happened to test with ).
    Thanks, will make a note of that to see if it can be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Oh, I see. It's just the Outline cursor that's pointing the 'wrong' way; the cursor isn't supposed to flip, but this wasn't showing with the other cursor types (that I happened to test with ).
    Thanks, will make a note of that to see if it can be tweaked.
    Perfect and thanks. I personally feel that either the tool nor the outline cursor should change at all when flipping the canvas. When you turn a real canvas you don't turn yourself/your tool upside down

Well, the quick flip is just changing the view, it isn't actually rotating/transforming the canvas That's why it's weird.

With the lastest updates you cant paint/use the knife when the canvas is flipped.
    The reason this is very useful is when you're checking your proportions and notice something is off you can correct it while holding viewing upside down.
    I guess I could just rotate the whole thing with Alt-right click though. Not nearly as fast though.
    Please bring this back as it was a couple of versions ago

The ability to paint during a quick flip was actually a bug, because the flip wasn't implemented as a full canvas coordinate flip some things wouldn't work properly when it was active, and it was only possible due to an oddity in our input handling on Windows that you could paint at all.

This is something we've had requests for however, and we may look at making an official version of it in the future.