Thread: Clipping Masks is a must for me.

Clipping Masks is a must for me.

Clipping Masks is a must for me. I use them in ClipStudio and in Affinity Photo and Designer on my Win10 computers as well as in software on my latest Android Galaxy Tab. I just love "clip to layer below" or whatever the layer quick masking is called. If ArtRage would add this Clipping Mask it would make work soooo much more easy for me in using ArtRage as an illustrating software. It would turn ArtRage into a PRO illustration software!
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 02-25-2018 at 06:38 AM.

I totally agree - layer masks are sorely missed for me and using flat filled underlayers just to make masking selections feels cumbersome and unnatural. I really hope something like this might be added soon.

An alternative way to create a clipping mask is to duplicate the layer, then lock the transparency on the new layer. Paint over it as a "clipping" mask.

Flat filled underlayers are functionally the same thing. It is definitely a longer process, and one of the few major features I would love to see added. There was a fairly long list of changes that I suggested some time back, almost none of which were implemented though.