ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Newbie: How do Pins work?

Newbie: How do Pins work?

I see them and I can drag them around, but I don't get the concept of why and when I need them. Need enlightenment

Hello Kupuna and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    I assume you are referring to the green “drawing pins” you see stuck in the centre of say a Ruler etc…
    When rotating a Ruler or other object the pin defines the precise rotation point about which it will rotate.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you Markw. I need to push this question one step more: I've dragged a pin off the ruler I'm using and can't seem to restore it (the pin) to its original position. Do I need to start over somehow?

Hello Kupuna,
    Well you should be able just to click hold on the pin and drag it back to where you want it.
    However if for whatever reason this isn’t working for you, you can Right Click on the Stencil the pin belongs to and from the popup menu choose Reset Pin Position.
    This can also be done from within the Stencils panel by clicking on the Active tab at the top of the lefthand column, finding the thumbnail of the desired Stencil and clicking on the Menu icon (below the Eye icon) for that Stencil.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Got it! Many thanks. There are so many little things I am discovering in the right click popups.!