Thread: Beauty with (no) Freckles

Beauty with (no) Freckles

Just finished this drawing. Actually I wanted to draw this famous photo of Irving Penn because of freckles and then I decided to draw it with airbrush tool only and using one layer (everybody likes challenges . But this was too hard (d*mn but lovely freckles!) and time consuming, so I drop it and just proceed from backup version. Probably I will try to complete it with some texture brush and additional layers, but later and not in condition of a challenge.

Airbrush is one of my favourite part in ArtRage, but it would be cool if they add the ability to change it form from circle to some rectangle or ellipse

Btw here`s the video how it was created https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxVjTTHfDNw

Hope you enjoy it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	378.8 KB 
ID:	93830  

Very clean and glamorous! Awesome. Bet you would have been a sensation back in the old studio days of Hollywood, promoting their stars.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you for your support and kind words D Akey. It makes me a little embarrassed, but encourage to continue create art!

I love your paintings - I have viewed your Youtube channel and you are a talented artist. So I am embarrassed to offer this suggestion. I have airbrush settings that might help with the freckles - of course play with the settings. You can use a very soft eraser to lighten the freckles in areas as needed.

Hope you don't mind I used your image.

Name:  airbrush.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  23.7 KB........Name:  freckles.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  28.5 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    I love your paintings - I have viewed your Youtube channel and you are a talented artist. So I am embarrassed to offer this suggestion. I have airbrush settings that might help with the freckles - of course play with the settings. You can use a very soft eraser to lighten the freckles in areas as needed.

Hope you don't mind I used your image.
    That's very interesting about the tool, June. Another less direct way to control the layers is not with the eraser (although that works just fine), but I like to break my "patterns" or textures onto layers around different parts. That way I can endlessly adjust the relationship in order to enhance the feeling of following a contour in perspective and have parts emphasized while other areas fall off as they turn away from the eye. It's just a personal preference where I keep the pattern less in your face so to speak and I can hunt for a subtler relationship when desired. But using your tool trick would work great for me when doing the other bit I mentioned. Very nice idea. Thanks for the tip.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I experimented with these settings + tried to change it and results are definetly better. Thank you for your advice!

I'm pleased to have helped in anyway.

MrDA
    Some good suggestions there - spraying on different layers gives the ability to adjust opacity and or erase various areas more efficiently.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Such a great work neat and clean beauty.