ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Perspective Tool: Transfer all lines to layer?

1. Question Perspective Tool: Transfer all lines to layer?

Question, is there anyway to transfer all the perspective lines from the perspective tool to a layer? I know there is the snap to perspective option, but I'm looking more to instantly transfer all the perspective lines to a layer, not have just my drawn lines snap to the grid. I like to just lay out the points and lines and then draw what I need on top, just using the lines as a guide, but I use multiple set ups per page (draw comics), and it's easier to transfer it to a layer once than to keep having to re-load saved perspectives. At the moment I'm just going over each line with a pencil, but that can take a while. Any workarounds? I've tried fill, but the lines get too thick.
    Thanks!

There isn't a quick way to turn a perspective set into paint right now, I would suggest the following:

1. Create a perspective, set it to a nice strong black with high opacity.
    2. Take a screenshot on a pure white canvas (canvas lighting off, ideally).
    3. Import that screenshot as a guide layer.

To hide the white, set the layer to 'multiply' or 'color' or use Edit > Filters > Remove Color Matte... to delete all the white areas.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

3. Thanks! That's a much quicker work around than what I was doing. Any chance we'll have an even faster option with future updates?

This, or something like it, is on the suggestions list. It is unlikely to show up in AR5, but the programmers will be taking a look for AR6 to see if it's something that can be added.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

5. Good to know, thanks!