Thread: Suntory

Suntory

This is inspired by the fantastic Japanese whiskey by this name, so there are rich patterns of bright colors that echo Kimono silks and Kabuki masks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suntory.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	533.8 KB 
ID:	93550  

you are one of those people that it would be fun to just sit with, drink and drink more and hurl out titles of non existent paintings at the falling sunset. I love your titles.

and....I see the japanese influence. Kabuki is the commoners theater--well it is supposed to be but in Japan it's complicated (it was founded by a woman but now is traditionally performed by men). It has crazy vocal rhythms much like this painting. Well done Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
    you are one of those people that it would be fun to just sit with, drink and drink more and hurl out titles of non existent paintings at the falling sunset. I love your titles.

and....I see the japanese influence. Kabuki is the commoners theater--well it is supposed to be but in Japan it's complicated (it was founded by a woman but now is traditionally performed by men). It has crazy vocal rhythms much like this painting. Well done Gary.
    Jayd that sounds like fun to me! I was inspired by the rich brocades and silk robes and angular accents so glad you see that influence.... in my abstraction...