Thread: Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn

Jeff Daniels as Rooster Cogburn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rooster Cogburn 2.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	93530  

Never saw it with Daniels. It's a good dynamic pose. Wasn't this a John Wayne part in True Grit? Anyway, fun genre. Looks like Jeff Daniels is riding the wide open range of parts. This is one I wouldn't have probably cast him in since he seems comparatively soft and modern life looking. But he's more than pleasantly surprised me before with making me suspend my disbelief. He's good.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

well, like many others, I am a die hard John Wayne fan and there was a remake of True Grit---and I am sorry but there is NO ONE more up tight and able to irritate Rooster (John Wayne) more then Kim Darby. Those two had some seriously weird chemistry together.

Daniels did a nice job but he is no Duke like Will Smith is no Robert Conrad (Wild Wild West) but like the Heart song "Dog and Butterfly says "he just had to try...he just had to try....".

A fantastic pose Jayd, love the fluidity of the paint it gives the impression of movement. John Wayne was a classic no-one can replace him.

wow what a beautiful painting, dynamic and rich in details I agree with Saphire totally...