Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox (Ipad)

Fox (Ipad)

Not posted in while so here is a Fox I started 6 months ago, hope you like it, I am still a little usure on background.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4210.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	93510
    Last edited by Saphire; 08-07-2017 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Wrong attachment

How Beautiful, I like the background it suits the subject very well

Perfectly beautiful! Background is a good choice.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

So nice seeing your lovely animals again! Beautiful.

I personally have no problem with the background. It works like a photographer's studio backdrop, which of course really features the subject. Similar to this principle for portrait photography. I'm attaching this photo of a photographer's set up showing you that what you've done is not bad at all in concept of how to focus the attention on the fox, even though yours implies the out of doors. It effectively serves a similar function.

Got the pic from: http://vukelichphoto.com/blog/2015/1...anvas-backdrop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-seam backdrop.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	93517  
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you Justjean, Enug, D Akey for your kind comments they are much apreciated, its great to be back, its been a hectic 18mths.
    No 1 last year my eyesight returned so made the most of it because we didn't know if it would last, Docs are puzzled with the xrays as the damage is repairing, all we can think of is I have had more Curries with added termaric the super spice. No 2 earlier this this year I was diagnosed with cancer, I have had and finished treatment now and all clear, fingers crossed. Painting was not on my mind, everything during this time it went on hold. Now hopefully I am back to carry on what I enjoy for relaxation painting. I just need subjects.
    Last edited by Saphire; 08-08-2017 at 06:10 AM.

I have never seen your work before. I love this fox. Leave the background as it is. This is so beautiful. Best wishes.

Thank you Jayd, all the digital works I have done are on here, I have only ever used Artrage.

oh, sorry about that--I have been away awhile too and have been inactive on the forum. I traditionally work in colored pencil in the real world but I mix and match software on the computer but artrage is always the starting point for my pieces. The pencils are the only ones I can get to match my traditional process. I will make an effort to look for all of your work. I love animal pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
    I will make an effort to look for all of your work. I love animal pieces.
    It'll be well worth it if you can find them. Very detailed done with lots of love.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
    its been a hectic 18mths. No 1 last year my eyesight returned so made the most of it because we didn't know if it would last, Docs are puzzled with the xrays as the damage is repairing, all we can think of is I have had more Curries with added termaric the super spice. No 2 earlier this this year I was diagnosed with cancer, I have had and finished treatment now and all clear, fingers crossed. Painting was not on my mind, everything during this time it went on hold. Now hopefully I am back to carry on what I enjoy for relaxation painting. I just need subjects.
    Holy mackerel!!!! Is that dramatic enough to make life interesting or what? It sounds like you're doing very very very well. So excited for you. So does it look like you'll keep your vision for the "foreseeable future"? Getting your vision back and holding back cancer. Awesome awesome awesome. . .

Go Saphire!!!!!!!!!