ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I need help finding a paint brush to use (Monet).

I need help finding a paint brush to use (Monet).

The image below is the paint strokes that I am looking for. I have tried all the default custom brushes, oil, pastel (wax/chalk), and glitter and nothing seems to emulate his brush strokes.

Any ideas or directions I should pursue? I have considered using Sav Scatola's brushes but I am hitting road blocks getting the brushes since he is overseas and I may not be able to get a payment to him "not" using paypal.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Monet's Meadow With Poplars Aka Poplars Near Argenteuil:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monet_meadow_with_poplars_1875.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	553.9 KB 
ID:	93495

You probably need to design your own custom brushes. One brush won't do it so pick 4 or 5 prominent effects or stroke styles that you like and specifically try to create brushes for them. Just my 2 cents!

I thought about that DarkOwnt. I have not created any brushes yet but I know I need to go down that road; to fully exploit ArtRage. Thanks Man!

I am getting some success with the oil brush with the thinner set at 0% and loading at 2-4%, but some softening will need to be applied. This is early on in the painting without color balancing:

Name:	Four_4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	252.0 KB 
ID:	93497

Wow. Looking good! Can you keep updating the thread as you develop your brushes and techniques? I'd love to see how this progresses.

I realized since I posted the image above that I am following down the foot steps of Michael James Smith on YouTube. He paints the same way that this is turning out. Subconsciously, I am following his teachings. Good or bad it has gone down that path.

Michael:

My latest wanderings:

Name:	Four_5.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	93499

It doesn't look anything like Monet... Damn!

No Liquin was used in the making of "my" painting! Thx ArtRage!
    Last edited by HwyStar; 08-06-2017 at 12:22 PM.