ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pallet knife paint splits in two

Pallet knife paint splits in two

Sometimes when using pallet knife, the paint splits into two parts. How can I fix this?

Dan

Hello DanC,
    Not really sure what you are describing here
    Any chance of some screenshots or video of what you are doing when it happens?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

I'm going to guess that DanC is referring to the instances where the Flat Palette Knife setting will only drag color from its left and right edges and neglects to pull any color from its center. This usually occurs when the paint on the canvas is of a dry/thinned nature or has mixed with a dry media tool (like chalk). The effect is meant to be a realistic touch, representing how an actual palette knife might scrape paint away from the canvas. I wouldn't mind having an option allowing us to bypass these anomalies. Especially for those times where I'm looking for a very specific, expected, stroke from the palette knife.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I'm going to guess that DanC is referring to the instances where the Flat Palette Knife setting will only drag color from its left and right edges and neglects to pull any color from its center. This usually occurs when the paint on the canvas is of a dry/thinned nature or has mixed with a dry media tool (like chalk). The effect is meant to be a realistic touch, representing how an actual palette knife might scrape paint away from the canvas. I wouldn't mind having an option allowing us to bypass these anomalies. Especially for those times where I'm looking for a very specific, expected, stroke from the palette knife.
    (Resending. Apologies if duplicate.)

This splitting always seems to occur with loading of 100% (without Paint Tube) when making a line, run out paint and try to extend the line, overlapping the ends. No problem when using Paint Tube. Was the pallet knife not supposed to be used without Paint Tube?