ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: two images

two images

Is it possible to have two images open , working on one with the default oil brush
    and the designer brush on the other?
    I would like to work on 2 images to give me a better understanding of what each brush can do.

Thank you,

Abby-Helen

Hello abby-helen,
    Yes and No is the anserw
    In AR5, while you can have multiple paintings open at once, you can only work on/see one at a time, i.e. you can not have painting A & B side by side on screen.
    The way around this though is quite simple and that is to launch more than one instance of AR. And so long as you donít use either instance in full screen mode you can work on the two paintings side by side with different tools.
    In theory there is no limit to the number of instances you could launch but screen space and RAM usage would become an issue at some point.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Markw,
    Thank you so much for your reply, but it's just too complicated for me. I also clicked into your answer to this same question-on google, Feb.2015, where you gave an extensive explanation and so did HannaRage, along with scary warning.
    I like to draw and paint, anything that breaths of techy stuff and I'm lost. So I will keep playing with the default brushes and comparing them to the designer brushes till I get what each can do.

Thanks again,

Abby-Helen

Hi Abby-Helen,
    That’s OK, no worries.
    There is one, more low tech option, which would be to simply put a line through the centre of your canvas and use only the oil brush on one side and the custom/designer brush on the other half.
    Just don’t get too lost in painting that you forget to swop tools when moving from one side to the other!

Enjoy your journey of discovery with ArtRage and if you have questions, there's always someone here on the forums who will have answers.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hello Markw,
    Thank you for the low tech option. That's a wonderful simple idea, I will enjoy this.

Abby-Helen

You can also use Scraps (References panel > one of the icons in the bottom of the panel) to get a 'scrap canvas' to doodle on.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thank you HannahRage, for the extra suggestion of using 'scrap canvas'.

Abby-Helen