Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buquet of flowers (Style study of Pieter Wagemans)

Thank you Jayd! Your words motivating me a lot! And this is something i lose too often
    About the vase... I redrawed it 3 times (as you can see in the video) and still there is something wrong with it and i can`t figure out what
    Also this forum compresses images and because of it canvas texture on image it got so much quality drop, for better view you can visit my ArtStation profile (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JRZvn)

Glad you like it! I think it is merit of Pieter that he did such a beautiful painting and I just copied it

you got me to thinking about this and consider this---take all the light away from a 3d object and its nothing but black. Give it all light and its flat white. While we can touch each other and feel that there is 3d visually we cannot see 3d without the existence of light and shadow so the source of light becomes crucial so I got to looking at your painting and I am thinking that your light source and shadows are hitting the flowers but there is nothing at the vase----I think some lights and darks would really punch up that vase a bit but be careful and really consider your light source. It really is a cool piece and a brave one to attempt. My first attempt of that sort was Girl with a Pearl Earring. When I was done with her I think I pretty much had a bubble gum card for Invaders From Mars--it was that bad!!!

Oh now I got it
    You are right! That`s the thing that is wrong with this vase and now i see it clearly
    It happens from time to time when you spent much time on one painting
    I just looked at my reference and there is a shadow under flowers on the vase, why i didn`t see it I don`t know