Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buquet of flowers (Style study of Pieter Wagemans)

Buquet of flowers (Style study of Pieter Wagemans)

Hello everyone! This is actually my first post on this forum. It`s been a long time since I just started in ArtRage.
    I read this forum but stayd on the side. Now I have something that I would like to share with you!. Hope you like it!

Also you can see my process of creation this on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waf0hJaR67k

Pieter works aro so great, I`m thinking of creating another copy of his work. This really helps to understand how ArtRage tools works and all this "hidden" stuff like color mixing, presets and so on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flowe4r1s-2.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	93416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	93417  
    Last edited by LDFA; 08-11-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Stunningly beautiful. The lines around the petals is the personal highlight for me. I haven't heard of Pieter Wagemans yet, does he specialize in painting flowers? I'm a huge fan of painting myself, but I haven't done it in quite a while now... I don't think my skills are good enough to be honest. I really don't have confidence in my own skills...
    Also, you don't happen to livestream your stuff? On picarto.tv for example? (It's a website for creative livestreaming) I'd follow you instantly since I'm highly interested in painting myself and I want to watch more livestreams on that. Maybe I can learn something from professional by watching them

Thank you for your feedback it was pleasent to read it! I hope you will never see my earlier drawings, haha
    Skills are just hundreds and thousands of hours of work, don`t lose your inspiration beause of lack of skills, conversely be inspired of how much new things waits you down there.
    For example I draw this picture about 6-7 hours for 3 months in 5 sessions. First four of them I did in one week and then I felt that can`t complete it as I want, so I wait some time until I feel myself like I want to draw it again, I`m trying not to force myself to draw things in just one day
    I can only recommend you book "Drawing with the right side of the brain" which is very helpful in developing "how to see things"
    Never heard of Picarto, I`ll watch it, thanks!

I am not a still life person but this one just so beautiful and caught my eyes. Great painting. Thanks for sharing the video.

Quote Originally Posted by LDFA View Post
    Thank you for your feedback it was pleasent to read it! I hope you will never see my earlier drawings, haha
    Skills are just hundreds and thousands of hours of work, don`t lose your inspiration beause of lack of skills, conversely be inspired of how much new things waits you down there.
    For example I draw this picture about 6-7 hours for 3 months in 5 sessions. First four of them I did in one week and then I felt that can`t complete it as I want, so I wait some time until I feel myself like I want to draw it again, I`m trying not to force myself to draw things in just one day
    I can only recommend you book "Drawing with the right side of the brain" which is very helpful in developing "how to see things"
    Never heard of Picarto, I`ll watch it, thanks!
    You're very welcome! Nah, I don't think your earlier drawings are bad, they can't be And thank you for your kind words and encouragement I think I'll just have to practice more, I guess. Hoping that my skills will get better one day and I'll be confident enough. Haven't heard of the book yet but it does sound interesting! Thank you so much for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out.
    No problem! Picarto.tv is a cool livestreaming website to watch artists create their work. Drawing, digital art and basically anything creative. Always fun to watch and also interact with others via chat.
    Last edited by Nacroma; 07-28-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Pintura fantástica muito boa
    Visit my website here

Well I might regret it, but look at these poor drawings i did back in 2012. It may seems unbelievable but between first two about 1 hour of work. I redrawed it so much! I hated all my drawings (especially portraits) until I spent 3-4 hours of work on it. Actually I had a rule like "I will draw this for 5 hours no matter how I dislike it". And it works! I could show you even more of my "bad stuff" but eventually I figure out that I just spent so little time on any of these works and I`m not a professional to create masterpieces in 30 minutes like this (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/x4zJE) So I needed about 6+ hours to get result of third picture and I was very proud because of that back then

Also Feng Zhu (he is awesome, google him) said that you better make every work as good as you can, than just trying to make a good work in shorten amount of time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	93478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	93477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	????_2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	93479  

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Pintura fantástica muito boa
    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    I am not a still life person but this one just so beautiful and caught my eyes. Great painting. Thanks for sharing the video.
    Thank you, I`m glad you like it!

Flowers were very 18th century decorative feel. The girl has personality in the portrait. You're really showing a range. Nice work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

well.....hmmmm.....already....I don't think any of these drawings are "poor" drawings. I had to chuckle because the still life reminds me of the work of Eileen Steinberg who is a seriously acomplished nondigital colored pencil artist and that IS a compliment.

You and I have a common struggle and that is with flatness. I noticed the flowers are three dimensional but that the vase is more 2d---I only noticed this because I am FAMOUS flatness in my paintings and it's a real struggle for me personally but you know--you need to keep moving forward because you are going to be one heck of a painter.

These are seriously good and I like them a lot. I think still life and portraits are very hard to do.