Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how delete ONE color in samples or toolbox?

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post

ok.... will do... shall I include the whole conversation?
    thanks for listening and your time
    astrid
    Just let us know you're the person from the forums or link to this thread I'm probably going to be the one who answers you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    I tried that out (holding my breath, I'm scaredy cat...) and yes, I could change input settings in safe mode without crash.
    BTW, don't know if it is important, but in normal mode, even though it crashes, it DOES change the settings I wanted.

If it works in Safe Mode (congrats on figuring that out) then that's a good sign. It means it's definitely something like a wonky tablet driver messing things up and that whatever is doing it is not part of the default system processes.

So the first thing to check now is whether you have any additional drivers or programs installed from Wacom or elsewhere that have anything to do with tablet/touch/stylus input. If you can find a Wacom or touch related utility installed, try just turning that off or uninstalling it before anything else. It might not be the problem, but it's the most likely thing.

If you have no idea, then we will need to pull up a list of what is running normally that *isn't* running in Safe Mode and start by guessing wildly/assuming all of them might be the problem. But systematically

Now, I'm not sure which version of Windows you are using, but for Windows 7, go to Start > Run. In Windows 10, press the Windows key + R (if you have a keyboard option) or go to search System Configuration and select rhe System Configuration desktop app.

You should get a new menu with startup options. Go to the 'Services' tab, and tick the 'Hide all Microsoft services' box down the bottom. What you will have left after that is all the extra stuff that starts up in the background when you use your device. One of these things is going to be the problem.

You can send us the list (screenshot is fine) for advice or just disable them yourself and selectively reenable them to see when the problem comes back (you'll have to start up in between).

Once you find the problem, it might just need to be reinstalled/updated, or you might have to completely turn it off and stop using it - we'll have to wait and see

ok I reply per email

Little summary and update: THe context menu seems to appear now but I do not know what made this happen.
    I did manage to find the Wintab driver for Windows 10 on this website:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49498 , you have to click on the download button then you see all those different files but their names are "meaningless" for average people like me, so I downloaded all zip files and looked at their names once they were on my computer.
    These are the wintab drivers: Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip or Wintab_x32_1.0.0.20.zip depending on which Windows you have. You see these names once you click on the DOWNLOAD button on the microsoft page.

ANYWAY, there is one odd thing: the right click (context) menu in the toolbox comes ONLY if I slide the pen a tiny little bit - 1mm is enought - (And this happened unintentionally after installing Wintab driver). Only clicking the right click pen button does not do it (also holding the pen down on the surface instead of tabbing only does not!) , I have to slide it ever so slightly. I do not have to do so for instance to get the right click menu "tear off edge" clicking on the buttom right corner in the color panel (classic view), this is just one example of right click menus (all of those I know and use) which have been working all along.

So, as I do not know if I slid the pen before installing wintab driver or not, I never will know if this is what made it happen or not

Thanks so much for your help