Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post

ok.... will do... shall I include the whole conversation?
thanks for listening and your time
astrid
Just let us know you're the person from the forums or link to this thread I'm probably going to be the one who answers you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
I tried that out (holding my breath, I'm scaredy cat...) and yes, I could change input settings in safe mode without crash.
BTW, don't know if it is important, but in normal mode, even though it crashes, it DOES change the settings I wanted.

If it works in Safe Mode (congrats on figuring that out) then that's a good sign. It means it's definitely something like a wonky tablet driver messing things up and that whatever is doing it is not part of the default system processes.

So the first thing to check now is whether you have any additional drivers or programs installed from Wacom or elsewhere that have anything to do with tablet/touch/stylus input. If you can find a Wacom or touch related utility installed, try just turning that off or uninstalling it before anything else. It might not be the problem, but it's the most likely thing.

If you have no idea, then we will need to pull up a list of what is running normally that *isn't* running in Safe Mode and start by guessing wildly/assuming all of them might be the problem. But systematically

Now, I'm not sure which version of Windows you are using, but for Windows 7, go to Start > Run. In Windows 10, press the Windows key + R (if you have a keyboard option) or go to search System Configuration and select rhe System Configuration desktop app.

You should get a new menu with startup options. Go to the 'Services' tab, and tick the 'Hide all Microsoft services' box down the bottom. What you will have left after that is all the extra stuff that starts up in the background when you use your device. One of these things is going to be the problem.

You can send us the list (screenshot is fine) for advice or just disable them yourself and selectively reenable them to see when the problem comes back (you'll have to start up in between).

Once you find the problem, it might just need to be reinstalled/updated, or you might have to completely turn it off and stop using it - we'll have to wait and see