Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how delete ONE color in samples or toolbox?

how delete ONE color in samples or toolbox?

how delete ONE color in samples or toolbox?
    that is my question, searched for it, found it nowhere.... Happens so often that I unintentionally click on the + (add a new color) instead on a color....
    thanks,
    astrid

Hello a_dt,
    If you position your cursor over the colour sample you wish to remove and Right Click you will get a pop up contextual menu where you can choose to delete the sample that’s currently under the cursor.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

oh thank you for this quick reply... seems this does not work here..... I use a Surface Pro 4 without a keyboard... while the right click button of the pen works well with the program (for instance move the canvas around on the screen), it does show me only a strange circle when I do what you say. The button works in Windows Explorer, though, like showing the right click menu when I click on a file, etc....

Hmmm. Go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Settings and see if 'disable right click helpers' is ticked? This sounds like an annoying Windows feature that likes to clash with the drivers sometimes.

(I'm assuming AR5 here. If not, either test the AR5 demo, or let me know what you have and we'll start over )

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Hmmm. Go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Settings and see if 'disable right click helpers' is ticked? This sounds like an annoying Windows feature that likes to clash with the drivers sometimes.
    t was unchecked... I played around with these in the whole tab but no changes (always restarting AR) so I set them as it was, i.e. 'disable right click helpers' for instance, unchecked....

(I'm assuming AR5 here. If not, either test the AR5 demo, or let me know what you have and we'll start over )
    yes 5 and I just updated to 5.0.5 restarted AR and same pb... ....

Okay, it definitely sounds like driver issues. Can you work through the steps here and then let me know if anything changes?
    https://www.artrage.com/faqs/tablet-...es-on-windows/

thanks, Hannah, I went to the website and tried several things.... does not work. I realized that another ONE right click menu in another program does not work..... everything else seems to work, like other right click things & menus...
    Now I also went to the MS Website to look for drivers... I only saw some general Surface files which are supposed to have drivers.. did not decide of I should look into that, the Surface updates automatically....
    And btw, often AR crashes after I change suggested settings: it crashes the moment I click ok on their message that the changes will occur after I restart AR... I never had crashes otherwise....

Okay, something is definitely busted behind the scenes somewhere.

Can you find check if it only crashes if you change the input (driver related) settings, or if you change *any* setting?
    Can you start up in Safe Mode and make changes without a crash?

You may also want to email us at [email protected] as this may get pretty complicated to troubleshoot.

ok I am editing this post because I did try safe mode.... (see below)

You may also want to email us at [email protected] as this may get pretty complicated to troubleshoot.
    ok.... will do... shall I include the whole conversation?
    thanks for listening and your time
    astrid
    Last edited by a_dt; 08-03-2017 at 01:56 PM.

I tried one more thing:
    Can you find check if it only crashes if you change the input (driver related) settings, or if you change *any* setting?
    only these specific settings....

Can you start up in Safe Mode and make changes without a crash?
    I tried that out (holding my breath, I'm scaredy cat...) and yes, I could change input settings in safe mode without crash.
    BTW, don't know if it is important, but in normal mode, even though it crashes, it DOES change the settings I wanted.