Thread: The "H" button

The "H" button

I like flipping the image horizontally back and forth as I draw--this is very helpful...thanks for that. Is there a way to make that H just toggle the image back and forth in this manner: hit H and it flips the image and I can draw and make the corrections THEN hit H and flip it BACK to it's original position.

Now what you have is a heck of a lot better then the old days of using a mirror but this is on my Christmas wish list for sure. Thanks--jay

Hello Jayd,
    I would say a conditional Yes you can do this now via the Edit command; ‘Transform All layers’
    But there are some caveats…
    You might want to read this recent thread here about it: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...963#post517963
    My post’s in the thread are; 8,10 & 16 but do read it all.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I have created the following tutorial on how to map a key to flip the canvas on a single keypress, so you don't have to hold down the H key! :

https://youtu.be/FeFdX3h_UlA

Interesting video RedSausers.
    I’m wondering though, after using your one button “Quick Flip” can you actually draw/paint whilst the image is flipped?
    With the standard method of having to hold the H key down the cursor becomes inactive until the key is released.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

markw - I can paint and seemingly do everything I would expect. However i'm using a Surface Pro with pen so maybe that makes a difference.

Now that is very interesting!
    In your video, the layer thumbnails I noticed don’t change and remain “un-flipped” with your one key Quick Flip method. Only when using the “Transform All Layers” nested set of commands did they actually change.
    I wonder what’s going on “under the hood” as it were, that you have managed to bypass in setting up your one key shortcut that lets you continue painting?
    I've looked before, a long time back, but I can see I will have to look and see if there is a viable Mac equivalent to AutoHotkey yet.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Interestingly I tried holding down the H key and could still carry on painting. I am using Windows and I wonder if there is an intrinsic difference in the way keypresses are handled as apposed to a Mac?