Thread: Room With a View

Room With a View

very abstract and non literal room, a bit after Van Gogh's famous work... did mess a bit to get a thick paint look in parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room with a View.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	543.7 KB 
ID:	93412  

this is indeed a very abstract painting and I highly appreciate how unique this is in terms of style. Even though it's not quite my personal taste when it comes to paintings, but I like what you did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacroma View Post
    this is indeed a very abstract painting and I highly appreciate how unique this is in terms of style. Even though it's not quite my personal taste when it comes to paintings, but I like what you did with it.
    Thanks Nacroma for leaving a comment on this. I appreciate that this is well beyond what a lot of people understand so having your comment is very welcome.

hello GXpainter another fantastic painting
    Visit my website here

So how do you understand it if it's beyond mere mortals like me.....Lot this sort stuff makes awful lot money....

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    hello GXpainter another fantastic painting
    thanks Ana great to hear from you loved your Dolls post

Quote Originally Posted by Zumerzet View Post
    So how do you understand it if it's beyond mere mortals like me.....Lot this sort stuff makes awful lot money....
    Zumerzet, sorry if my post sounded arrogant, I did not mean it to be for sure!. I just meant that abstract painting is confusing to a lot of people. But it is not beyond anyone who takes some time to understand it.

Intriguing. Watching your directions with interest.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Intriguing. Watching your directions with interest.
    Ah soooo good to hear from you D Akey!.... I have really been exploring new directions this was particularly exhuberant and got a lot of
    comments and likes on instagram. Hope your surviing the heat and smoke, it is miserable here in central oregon, tons of smoke and temps hanging out around 100!... ugh!... hiding out in my house and doing lots of art.
    miss your commentaries a ton!

Looking back at this again, it's like what Matisse were to do if he ever visited the Navajo and did a sweat lodge.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looking back at this again, it's like what Matisse were to do if he ever visited the Navajo and did a sweat lodge.
    ha wow this was done AFTER I watched some YouTube videos about Matisse and all his work that used the room with a view metaphors. And a close friend also commented that this had a very native american feel in the colors and patterns. I have done several sweat lodges. somehow all that Matisse and sweat lodge energy came to focus here. I haven't done anything since even remotely similar...