Thread: Resizing painting so I can access top and bottom

Gallery
    View images

Resizing painting so I can access top and bottom

I just purchased ArtRage and have no experience with this kind of software. I was attempting to follow the tutorial but-----the new painting displays on my iMac (using OX 10.4.9, with 17" screen) so that both the top of the control panel or whatever it's called and the bottom are off the screen--I can't click on OK, for example, once I've loaded the rose painting per the tutorials instructions.

I'd appreciate your advice on how to remedy this![list]

Gallery
    View images

Re: Resizing painting so I can access top and bottom

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    I just purchased ArtRage and have no experience with this kind of software. I was attempting to follow the tutorial but-----the new painting displays on my iMac (using OX 10.4.9, with 17" screen) so that both the top of the control panel or whatever it's called and the bottom are off the screen--I can't click on OK, for example, once I've loaded the rose painting per the tutorials instructions.

I'd appreciate your advice on how to remedy this![list]
    Some basic commands in ArtRage2:

Press 'Enter' key-makes all the menus/control panels disappear. Press again and they show again.

Press 'm' to Move Canvas
    Press 'r' to Rotate Canvas
    Press 'z' to Zoom Canvas

To get back to your paint brush, press the '1' key above the 'Q' key on your keyboard.

All of these commands/shortcuts are listed in the ArtRage 2 manual and can also be found in the Tools control panel at the top of the screen. Go to Tools, then Select Tools, and you will see these shortcuts and more.

Hint: With new software it pays to poke around and see where things are. You won't 'break' anything, honest! :-)

Cheers

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there! I think I can see what's going on there. Are you by any chance running your Mac at a fairly low screen resolution? ( 800 x 600 for example ). If so, you may find that the OK and Cancel buttons on the New File window will be clipped by the bottom of the screen because there's not enough physical room to display it.

If this is the case, you can still access these commands by pressing <enter> for OK or <esc> to cancel. If you're running a somewhat larger resolution but are running ArtRage in a window rather than fullscreen, you may want to try maximising it by hitting the little square next to the cross in the top menu bar inside the Window.

A new update we're working on at the moment is planned to change this behavior so that when people are running low screen resolutions we display less previews, thereby allowing this window to be shrunk down. You may also want to see on your Mac how it looks if you access system preferences, displays ( take a note of your current resolution so you can change it back if you don't like it ), and select a higher resolution. It sounds as if your monitor is large enough to easily take advantage of this resolution which will give you a little more screen real estate. If you prefer the previous look you can change the resolution to its original value.

Do feel free to get in touch if you're still stuck or I can be of further help. You can also email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks to both of you for your quick and helpful replies--I really appreciate it and will try your suggestions. Best, sparrow!