Thread: Xp pen renders wobbly strokes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xp pen renders wobbly strokes

Just got xp pen hd22e and art rage 4 and 5 are tweaking .the pencil and inks , show the most when a curved stroke is applied typically leaves a slight wave. Doesn't do this in Sai or clip studio, or any other program I've tried. And tried all the combinations of setting as mentioned in the other guys post about same issue.

Is it JUST the ink pen and the pencil? Can you check if Smoothing is active in the tool settings?

no its not just the ink pen and pencil presets, its just that they show the the involuntary wave in a stoke. Seems that quick direct strokes are barely noticeable, however when you curve a stroke, is when its readily apparent. This has nothing to do with stroke smoothing which of course would override the stroke gesture with a straighter line. This is an involuntary wave motion in the line itself, and is not created by hand shake or indirect position of the nib sliding across the screen in a random direction during stroke. Its definitely a glitch. so much so that I spent time recreating the glitch several times to make sure it wasn't either of those things or my imagination.

Okay, it sounds like you may be having the same issue as this user: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ly-Line-wobble . There appears to be a driver problem with that device.

Can you make sure your driver settings are set to Wintab off, Realtime Stylus on, Precise Tablet mode off and see if that helps?

Yeah tried that setting it's consistently the same. I even opened original art rage 3 to see if its actively an issue and it was even more line wave., I tried posting screens hots but the forum isn't there yet?

You can upload images to your posts, but you might be better off just emailing us at [email protected]; if this is a technical issue, there might not be a quick fix at ArtRage's end so it may get complicated.