Thread: Duplicate Transformed Stencils?

Duplicate Transformed Stencils?

Is there a way to duplicate a stencil that has been transformed via Transform Tool? Saving it to Collection would reset stencil back to its default shape.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

i would try to make a stencil out of the altered stencil and save that one.?

Yeah, there's no way to just copy a stencil complete with changes. If you're in version 5, and know the exact % you stretched/scaled, it's easy to put those numbers into the Transform mode menu to recreate it, but you'd have to actually track that.

Otherwise Rondo's suggestion of making a new stencil by adding paint and turning the paint into a stencil, or use the transformed stencil as a guide and scale the new one to match up to it, are the only ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Yeah, there's no way to just copy a stencil complete with changes. If you're in version 5, and know the exact % you stretched/scaled, it's easy to put those numbers into the Transform mode menu to recreate it, but you'd have to actually track that.

Otherwise Rondo's suggestion of making a new stencil by adding paint and turning the paint into a stencil, or use the transformed stencil as a guide and scale the new one to match up to it, are the only ways.
    Thank you for the suggestions. I was hoping for a quicker way to accomplish it. Maybe in version 6?
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

Maybe There are a few improvements we could make to the stencils now (from a user perspective, not a coding one) so we'll probably take a good look at them and decide if it's possible to change anything.